Sunday 2 March 2014

It's a Chicken or Egg situation!

What comes first when creating a card? Should you pick and colour an image  - then find papers and embellishments to fit the colours & theme? Or is it the other way around... pick a paper and theme then colour the image to match... Its a chicken or egg situation!! 


This card was easy... I had the image and then found these papers (in TK Maxx of all places!?) The phone theme was perfect and the image was coloured to match the colours in the paper. I added some glitter to her fluffy slippers and glossy accents to the retro phone. Its a SOG girl image - Phone call Mae and the papers are from Pebbles - From Me to You range. The greeting was a rub on that was just right for this card. So the design process for this one really sorted itself... Its not always so easy...!



First time I've coloured this image - yep you guessed it -from SOG and She is called Rani. I really wanted her hair to have that blue tinted shine and look really rich. The papers are from Dear Lizzy - Lucky Charm and the darker blue paper has been die cut with a Die-namics falling hearts die. I stuck with rich colours when colouring with my Promarkers and added the yellow gem swirls and glitter along the gold trim of her clothes. Beautiful isn't she! 


I saw this paper and instantly knew what I would do with it - very rare for me as usually I sit and ponder for ages getting inspiration (Or as the other half says - I sit stroking my stash!) ANNOYINGLY I can't remember where this paper is from and Ive searched the web high and low. Ive cut the label off as it didn't fit in my paper cutter with that little extra trim and now I don't know what range its from and I want more of it!! Anyone know .... Answers on a postcard!! The image is Library Mae from SOG. I used a Die-namics die to create the top of the library card and stamped dates from a Dear Lizzy (American Crafts) roller punch. The hardest thing was to pick the dates so I went for memorable date to me... my last birthday (May) and the date we moved into our new house (March - can't believe we've been in it nearly a year already!!) The "JUST A NOTE" is a Paper Smooches stamp. They are my latest favourite greetings!! Coloured as always with Promakers and added a few enamel dots from My Minds Eye. 


I loved colouring this image - Its Mae Antoinette from Some Odd Girl - Fab isn't it. I found this paper in my stash which compliments the french theme perfectly - Its from Crate Paper - Fourteen range. I added loads of glitter to her dress, the large Gem swirls and some Papermania navy lace. I actually sent this to my Mum for her Birthday as she loves chocolate and baking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment