Friday 10 July 2015

Jane's 40th Birthday.

I'm a little late posting this card as I have been away this weekend at my friends 40th Birthday party at there house in Llanbedrog.
Jane is one of the many friends turning 40 this year. I've know her since I was about 4 yrs old and is more like a sister really, so I know I can get away with a cheeky card! The comment says, "By the time she turned 40, Jane had mastered Multi-tasking." And I know for a fact that she uses her Laptop on the loo!!

The party was fab and we all had lots to drink. I made Vodka jelly and there was a bouncy castle - which we allowed the kids to play on for a little while.
The image is from Dr Digi and is called Airfresh Fiona. I added some gem swirls from the spray of the airfreshner over the top of the background paper. I mounted the orange cut out paper from K& Co onto Black to make it stand out and I mounted the image and caption onto black also. The caption I did on the computer. I then added some red and black ribbon to tie the colours together and a Happy Birthday die cut in mirri card. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Spice, coral, soft peach, blush & Antique white.
Toilet and roll - Blue Greys
Computer - Warm greys
Top - Buttercup, mustard & Pinapple crush.
Cushion - Red, poppy, Ruby & Cardinal red.
Plant - Terracotta & Leaf green.
Jeans - Denim Blue, Powder blue & Capri blue.
Hair - Terracotta, Walnut & Henna.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :
Ladybug Crafts - Special birthdays.
Scrap & Craft - birthday celebration.
Through the Purple Haze - Funny.

I'll try to be a more prompt next weeks with my posting!
Liz (:(|)x


5 comments:

  1. Both fun and cheeky this is a fab card and I hope your friend had a fab birthday too.
    Great design and colouring as always.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unusual image but it definitely made me chuckle...wonderful card design ...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TTPH, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha. That's brilliant, love it. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at TTPH this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn DT
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and perfect for our funny challenge! Thanks for sharing with us. Lisa DT Through The Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete