Sunday 6 December 2015

Rescue Squad.

Morning!
Sorry I'm a little late posting today - we got a visit from our Godchildren last night so I didn't get chance to get all finished up! (They know me too well and came bearing chocolate & wine - well trained for 3 & 5 yrs old!!)

So without further a do... here is my card using Rescue Squad. 



I kept it all Cool using blues and whites as its a fab image to use for all those difficult men in your life! I stayed with the manly theme and added the Kraft and brown but couldn't resist a few gems and a bit of sparkle.  

The background paper is from Bo Bunny - Powder mountain collection. I mounted the image and paper on Blue bazzill card to make them pop out.  I stamped a greeting from My Favourite things called Toasty Greetings. I mounted that onto a little gold and added a few gems here and there. I glued a die cut icicle edge to the top of the card and a couple of die cut dangling snowflakes with gem centres for some more sparkle. Finally I tied some Doodlebug winter ribbon around the image panel and used a gold pen to add some metallic details to his zip and the tap. 

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image - 
Dog - Light Fawn, Raw Sienna,Chestnut & Walnut.
Barrel - Tan, Chestnut & Cocoa.
Nose - Coral, Soft Peach, Blush & Antique white. 
Coat - Frozen Lake, Pastel blue & Egyptian Blue trim.
Boots & gloves - Cool grey 2. 
Handles & straps - Cool grey 4 & 5

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 


Everyone is so busy this time of year so I won't keep you any longer - I know I still have a raft of cards to make (Especially for my family who always seem to get left till last!)
The weather is a bit grizzly so it the perfect excuse to no stray away from my desk... who knows I may even train my dog to bring me a little glass of sherry to keep me going!!

Have a lovely day
Liz (:(|)x

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, great image, fab colouring-love the blue/white/kraft combo and the sparkling icicles! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilibet, this is a beautiful card, the image is wonderful but it is your really clever and inspirational card design that has caught my eye, it is gorgeous and I do love blue and kraft.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute image....Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Corner Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I love the expression on the St Bernard's face. I also like the idea of training your dog to bring you a glass of sherry. Wonder if that would work with my cats?! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need a mince pie to go with the sherry but that wouldn't make it to me! I reckon you could get a little harness for the cats!! Xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous, love this perfect masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges, hope to see you next month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. Great scene and that dog just looks "so happy". Brilliantly done. Thanks so much for playing along with our last challenge of the year at 52CCT. Have a very Happy Christmas, and see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Thanks for sharing with us in our Winter Holiday challenge at Di's Digis Challenge Hope to see you in our latest challenge too a>Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete