Sunday 31 January 2016

Mums got Green Finger and Thumbs.

Morning Everyone -
This mornings card I've made for my Mum's birthday on the 5th Feb. I'm organized for once as they are going away to Edinburgh to watch the Rugby at the weekend so I had to be. I know its safe to post though as neither Mum or Dad do Social Media.

This image is perfect for My Mum and is called Green Fingers and Thumbs from Dr Digi. I love pottering in my Garden and I definitely got that from my Mum. Anytime I don't know what something this or how I look after a plant - I get my Mum round to help. I'm not sure she has ever grown Marrows though...
This weird weather is confusing my garden - I have tulips and Daffodils coming through already so I won't be long until we can get out again weeding and trimming.

I used Die-namics die cut rectangle to cut my image panel which I coloured with Promarkers. The papers are from a new pad I got this week (which is full of lovely gold foiling...) from My Minds Eye called On Trend 2. I was struggling with a layout and found this one as a challenge on Mojo Monday. I cut the banners from the paper and stuck them behind the image panel which I then stuck on with 3 foam to raise it up. I tied string around the bottom of the panel and knotted the shovel charm to it. I also used a Craftworks Card greeting which personalized the card for my Mum. Finally I used liquid pearls in Royal blue to copy the Heart shape from the pattern on the papers above the greeting.
I also added glaze to her Glasses and used a silver pen on the spade and her dungaree buckles.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Antique White, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral & Spice.
Hair - Sandstone, Cinnamon, Cocoa & Chestnut.
Dungarees - Cadet Blue, Reef Blue, Petrol Blue & Navy Blue.
Top - Wild Cranberry, Maroon & Burgandy
Wellies -  Khaki, Herb Green & Pesto
Marrow - Forest Green, Pressed leaf, Fresh Meadow, Green shoots & Apple.
Ground - Umber & Walnut.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Mojo Monday - Layout.
Art By Miran - Atg
Brown Sugar -ATG
Simply Papercraft - ATG
Thanks for stopping by...
Liz (:(|)x

4 comments:

  1. Liz, I love this card. Your colouring and card design are gorgeous - drawing the heart with the liquid pearls is an absolutely genius design idea - you are really talented.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh thank you so much Sue. Think my free hand hearts are bit wonky but... it's rustic! lol! x

      Delete
  2. Great image and colouring and love the little trowel charm---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete